Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Sunday and Monday...

Monday
Class started today. There was no air con in MMU…figure that out.
Had music practice for CF…kinda enjoyed it. It has been some time since I played there.
At night we (THAT CG) did tracting in the housing areas of Bunga Raya and Kerjasama…hopefully we’ll see new faces in CF. The other Cgs also did tracting in other areas…
Had some not so nice curry mee…hope I dun kill my throat.

Sunday
Today was the first time that I was given the responsibility to be team leader of the music team in Gateway Christian Fellowship. This was because all the senior musicians had to attend a wedding in KL that weekend including my Music Director…leaving me and Justin and some others who did not go to hold the fort.
The rehearsal for that Sunday didn’t go too well with me due to some reasons…Justin and me took time out from the Leader’s Training on Friday to rehearse. At that time I was juz plain tired, stressed and pondering my walk with God…I knew that I had a lot of impure stuff in me and I was in great danger when I was leadin the team coz I know it’s no small thing to lead the team when you have holes in your walk with Him…and mine had glaring holes…sin…and stuff that I am ashamed off…
The rehearsal wasn’t that smooth as a whole and some of the musicians were still learning and I wasn’t in the mood to forgive…strings broke…there was an air of heaviness and tenseness…and of no confidence…and I was developing a sore throat…morale for me and for Justin was kinda low after that. We din really talk about it when we returned to the Leaders Training.

My previous blog was on a Saturday night so you can kinda guess my state of mind when I went to sleep. I was afraid of going to church….what am I going to do? I juz prayed for God’s grace to envelope this weak thing. I just didn’t want to remember my shortcomings and I tried to just surrender them and just offer to God my sick soul. Before the service started, Pastor Joshua just said that God was calling us to come and rest in Him…to come to Him all those who were losing heart…I guess I really needed that.

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed.
But My unfailing love for you will not be shaken
Nor My covenant of peace be removed
Says the Lord who has compassion on you…
(I forgot the passage quotation)


Guess what…it was one of the best Praise and Worship sessions that I had in months. It was a blessing to see God come and touch people…a blessing to see that I could just bask in Him…to give my all…beautiful…it’s a feeling that I had been missing in months..in years perhaps…

Justin’s drumming were near flawless and the guitar sounded surprisingly good.

Will be leading worship in CF this week. Has been quite a while since I did that. It has been a challenge to tally my lifestyle with this ministry. Help me God not to kid myself. I want to return to those places of solitude…those places where I can come alone and be with God and just sit there.

it's 2.20 am...i think this will be my prayer before i sleep.

nitez everyone...

No comments: