Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Big Green Cactus

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Big Green Cactus Song
Words and Music by Jason Teoh copyrighted2004

The Big Green Cactus strong and green
The Big Green Cactus strong and mean
The Big Green Cactus likes to sing
The Big Green Cactus is the KING

The Big Green Cactus song part 1

We pulled our pants really high...

The Big Green Cactus song part 2

check out Zhen-Xin at the end...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok I admit, i teach people really dumb songs and force them to sing and do actions...

Back in those days before PG165 had any good songs, I was honing my song writting skills by writting pretty outrageous and downright silly stuff. (underline silly)

I guess the secret to writting stuff is not to limit yourself by trying too hard, but rather learn to have fun even to the point of making a fool of yourself...haha.

And you get to teach people really dumb songs...

I found out that I must have written one of those 'life-changing' songs etched forever in the famed halls of MMUCF, inhabited by legends and household names such as Tze Seong, Affryll, Mark and Deric whose stories and antics are constantly told around the mamak table to our very eager juniors.

I can't believe people still remember this dumb song...it must have really affected them profoundly. LOL

STUFF LEGENDS DO...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

To some, being a legend means giving yourself up for missions or attending all the 4 days of extra meetings in church when a foreign speaker comes to town.
To some, it means organizing the best rallies, reaching and impacting the most people, being the most dynamic and always first in line for every ministry.
For others it's singing and playing music for the biggest crowd, praying the longest prayer, preaching the best sermon, leading the most people to salvation.


For us, it's the ability to have a good water gun fight, fellowship with your juniors, laugh at each other, know their names and maintain that friendship through good and bad times.

That's the stuff people remember most.

It's me...
The author of the The Big Green Cactus song. =)

No comments: