dedicated to all the PG 165 people...

*thanks to all you guys who have been supporting and praying with us all this while. I don't think we could have gone far without you all. I'm sorry i don't really know how to superimpose pictures now, or i'd make one big one with everyone inside....

We are nobody without you all....
How did PG 165 start...how was God awesome to us...i managed to record those days...within the links below. I feel encouraged at how small we are and how crazy we were to believe..(sounds weird to say that rite)... an excerpt from my blog entry in 2004:
From the start, I expressed my conviction about PG165…I said I don’t wanna stereotype our band as a ‘Christian Band’ or ‘THE BAND FROM CF’…I hate all that stereotyping by people, what’s wrong being Christians, yet starting a band? …but neither did I want us to forget our roots and core beliefs and convictions, one of them is to ultimately touch lives for Christ via our music (be it mainstream, contemporary, or even traditional). It felt kinda weird at first, but we mustered enough courage to not be ashamed to pray for God’s favour and thanking Him for talents EACH time before each jamming session. Nobody protested, we all submitted. Our first rehearsal filled me with confidence.check out the full story here:
I guess, God has a funny way of bringing the four(now deric who is a major part of PG 165 is in and it's five of us now - keyboards offer such a dimension to our stuff) of us together for this project. We became better friends over that time span of rehearsals. Zhen Xin’s car was the ‘gig van’. We piled all our instruments inside it and he drove it around every time we needed it.
We started jamming as regularly as possible through out the week. I really salute the guys for their commitment to the project. Sometimes we jammed at 9.30am(that’s early). Justin had a football tournament at that time(so he was really stretched between training and rehearsals + studies and CF)…but he never complained about it and came and did his part. Zhen Xin the gentle giant, always offered to drive 8km to Gateway, never complained. Vijay had always been an encouragement to me via sharing the same passion in this, his enthusiasm is matched by his drumming skills. Evidently it was a team effort and was never a one man show right from the start. I guess the journey started well coz we made some right choices in the beginning and saw exciting consequences…
http://jasonroag.blogspot.com/2004_07_01_jasonroag_archive.html
http://jasonroag.blogspot.com/2004_08_01_jasonroag_archive.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since i'm so freakin amature at this camera stuffs...so do it the old skool way by sharing one by one...in no correct sequence of events...thanks guys...

NOC 3: Ju Lee d pianist and Lucious, NOC 3 conductor

History was made...and su be and carina came to support us......*look at the lulus...so young and cute*

Catholics rock...

Disagree rocks too...

OEL(Outdoor Evening Lounge) in MMU - thanks to all the CYBERJAYA people who keep coming to support us in melaka for our lil gigs...mich, mel, wee liem, rach,

KRUM...bands should network together and work together and not kill each other...thanks Danial *power guitarist*. *y do bassist all have to be so big?? look left and right...*

Ho ho ho...to Cyber we go....

Oh man...i really respect this man...the GIG mobile...that belongs to ZX...love it...
There are so many people who really supported us....heh...i feel so indebted to them...but i would like to single out a couple of people...

Roadie Wayne...drummer in the making...thanks for EVERYTHING...you know what, nothing beats being there yourself n experiencing the road...how difficult and time consuming it can be...and at the same time how you can see how things work with your own eyes...thanks wayne for sacrificing time to help us...u rock.

Styne...for being a staunch friend...from day one...until today. Thanks man...we need friends like you...you are a great person. thank you for encouraging me...ROCK on ok...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let 2006 be a year of oppurtunity. Our next step is to try and get our songs down on a disc...so keep ur fingers crossed and pray hard...heh...there's new material coming in, some unheard of...stay in tune...
Again...thank you...you make it worth it...
history here:
http://jasonroag.blogspot.com/2004_07_01_jasonroag_archive.html
http://jasonroag.blogspot.com/2004_08_01_jasonroag_archive.html
No comments:
Post a Comment