Thursday, March 17, 2005

MMU CF outreach project to St Davids and JB

juz got back from an awesome mission trip in JB last weekend...we had two outreach projects that MMU CF conducted over the weekend.

St David's High School-What's Next?
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The first one was a trip we made to ST David's High School...wow. They actually wanted us to do a concert for them...well, we didn't realy do a concert due to the limited facilities (a two mike PA system...go figure)...but we played our hearts out with VJ songleading, all of us did some solos and stuff..hahahaa...prior to this projects...we were pushing ourselves to the max...cramming our rehearsals whenever we could...plus CF just has Praise and Worship Night 2...The outreach team led by Belle, my assistant took charge of the stuff in St davids where they did a sketch, games, interactive stuff.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Our theme for that day was,"What's Next?"...where we also made them act out sketches. The whole idea was to get them thinking about their future that lies in God. thanks jason leong, lulu, lucious, aaron tan, dayze, cp, tze seong, and of course belle (sorry if i missed anyone)

Church of Praise, JB - Striking the Core
After that, we had to rush off to JB in four cars (16 ppl) straight from St Davids at 2.45pm...Aaron's car broke down before we even left Melaka...thank God not on the highway...so Mark had to drive..we reached Church of Praise at 6pm...we did a sound test while the rest got ready. The first agenda on the list was the Youth Meeting called JC Radix. well, supposed to start at 8pm, but it ended up starting at 8.45pm...pastor Kelvin Sim(senior pastor) said the ppl have afternoon school and comes late. Well, apart from the PEAVEY amp failing to work halfway through the Praise and Worship,
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
...it went well but had to end short because of time. We did a sketch and broke the youth up into groups for the object lesson on the book of Daniel which included them acting
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
...we ended quite late..11pm...we were really rushing. AFter supper(our dinner), we had a debrief. Well, we were disappointed that we had to rush the meeting and had to end the P&W even though we felt GOD coming...but we learned that you can plan all you want, but it may not work out...we prayed and slept. we slept in church, pastor slept in a house. And yeah...we goofed around...resulting in me and the band sleeping late.

(saturday)
The next day, we arose at 6.30 coz had to join the church prayer which starts at 8am...we had one toilet and evryone had to share, hence the time we arose. after prayer, we went for breakfast. We were kinda tired, and Mark was preparing his KIDS stuff. we did catch some sleep when we could...the next meeting was at 2.30(Kids) and 8pm(Bilingual service)...we spent the whole afternoon on preparing for that..vj, deric and me didn't attend the Kids church coz we were zoned out and had to prepare for bilingual service…I really admire Mark’s work and love for the Kids…I mean to see Mark and the rest of the gang (imagine kids going up and following Zhen Xin asking help to punch holes in their paper work) was really touching. We wanted them to know that God loves them. 100 kids man….
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The evening service was the most challenging worship service I have ever lead…just before we begin to worship and sing the slower songs, both guitars (justin’s and mine) broke a string making it out of tune and therefore useless for the rest of the service. We were left with a keyboard that refused to function properly, bass and drums to carry the music…I was stranded, in a bilingual service…that was when we used every resource we could from whatever we learned to shoulder the worship as well as cover as a band…as we progressed, I believed we managed to successfully continue worshipping as people ignored the musical glitches and lifted their voices and hands. Justin fixed his guitar midway and we were able to finish it. Pastor Joanne preached with an interpreter…we were blessed. I was personally so tired that I fell sick and slept the earliest the minute we reached church…I was goin to lead worship on Sunday morning service…

(sunday)
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I personally believed that the enemy was against us in the bilingual service, opposing us being there. The girls had difficulty breathing during the worship, I had a nightmare while I was resting in the afternoon. I believe it was something in the spiritual realm. So as I slept that night…I was praying and asking God to come and show us His power. We arose early…7am. I restrung my guitar and said, ‘With the stringed instrument and the clashing of cymbals, we shall praise You O God’…coz there was a certain calmness and quietness in me, a certain anger that was stirred in me against the enemy that made war against us who wanted to serve God…and I was ready to praise God and to honour and invite Him that day.
Pastor prayed with us in the morning and I was stirred in my spirit.
The Praise and Worship was extraordinary…We proclaimed the greatness of God and called upon Him…I was just so amazed at how magnificent God is(we sang Magnificent) that He would die for us to save us. And as Justin lead the song ‘Rain Down’…I could just feel God was there. Unlike the other days, the technical aspects of the band and sound was flawless…Pg 165…thanks for playing for God, you guys played your hearts out…it’s greater than all the BOTBs in the world...lucky vj didn't break the drums...hahaha
During the climax of the worship, there was a power outage for 3 seconds where the electricity went off and came again in 3-4 seconds…we were joking later that perhaps God’s presence was so strong that the place could not contain it…maybe there is truth there. Pastor Joanne preached an awesome message about taking great care of our salvation, our souls…living for God in this perverse generation...haha stupid devil...in your face...
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
What I have shared is a very summarized account on our journey there. 16 of us went. (Jason, Vj, Justin, deric, zhen xin, Mark, Lionel, Joel, Wayne, Solomon, Rebecca, Grace, Renee, Aaron, Tze Wei and Pastor Joanne). I thank all of them for being so awesome and humble to help in this mission trip. Soly’s parents really took care of us as we had our debrief in Soly’s dream house.
thanks guys...

check out the hundred photos of our experience at http://community.webshots.com/user/jason_roag

No comments: