Thursday, February 17, 2005

CNY holidays

It's time to blog.

Chinese New Year has been good...I haven't counted my ang paus, so i can't really comment on the booty at the moment. Apart from the weather which had been really hot, i enjoyed the one week break and the festives all around. Reunion dinner was a showcase of awesome food....

CNY was ushered with the lighting of two 7 feet of fire crackers at the doorway of my house at 12 midnight on the eve. I lit one and my cousing lit the other simultaneously...man, the noise can break your ears..muahaha.

Basically I can summarize this new year for me....food, food, food....and a lot of sweet stuff which is totally 'sin' to my poor body and teeth. Although there's a lot of can drinks in the fridge, i think such should be taken in moderation....all this sugar is not good man..haha
But I managed to meet up with some old friends, as in since secondary school mates. A friend of mine, Chester has just graduated with a diploma in marine engineering from SIngapore poly. He's sponsored by multi-national company MEARSK(spelling?) so he has a job ready for him. Oh yeah, he's paid in US dollars. I think he really earned it coz he's such a down to earth, Man United supporter, love serenity and books kinda guy. Once he starts working, he's gonna support his mum...

I hope I will get a decent job to help my mum out too...really prayin hard that it will happen.

Classes started today...but I felt to sluggish....getting back to reality...

No comments: