Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Love Malaysia

It's been more than two months since my last post. =D
Was just caught up with many things and when i had time to blog, i just didn't.

However as I was walking to my car after work around the evening prime time news slot, (yes, this is the first post-student life blog post) under the glow of the yellow street lamp, with the distant crow of birds returning to their nest and the sweet evening breeze in my face...you know what?

I really love Malaysia.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Joash, Deric and Me enroute up Mt. Kinabalu...first it's the greenery of jungle trekking.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I work in an environment where I come in contact with people from all walks of life, playing their role in the intricate fabric of our society. Honestly at the level where people are slogging out a living to put food on the table to feed their families, race doesn't really matter. I've made many friends although i'm colored different.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
We reached the peak of Mt. Kinabalu just as the morning sun was rising.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The peak at last after approx 18 hours of trekking.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Honestly, i find it difficult to explain to people the feeling of scaling the highest peak of South East Asia...it's breath taking...literally.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Awesomely beautiful...magnificent.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Jessica and co...doing a band pose. (What on earth is Deric doing? checking his fly?)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Try beating that....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Down we go...it's a long way down...4000+++ metres above sea level.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pastor Joanne and us doing our morning walk at the foot of the mountain the next day.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The pioneers of NOC...retired...enjoying life...


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Beautiful sunny Malaysia.....perfect blue skies, palm trees waving gently in the sea breeze...
Beautiful Kudat.

Call me crazy, but I actually love the bussiness of the streets of KL...when i'm in the mood that is. I've walked around to visit the music shops around the area and the smell of rain on the busy streets just invokes something Malaysian within me...Don't really know how to explain...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
After Kinabalu, we visited Kudat and made some wonderful Kadazan friends there. Memories that are forever etched in my heart. I missed the awesome clear stary skies of Sabah. The amount of stars is beyond what our eyes can see. What an experiece it was for Justin, Joash and I to be bathing under a small pipe like Kampung boys in the middle of the village under the shadow of darkness. It was trully like something out of Lat's 'The Kampung Boy'.
In the stillness of the night, I could hear my soul.

Strangely when i was at the futsal court yesterday and was walking at the grassy area with the sound of crickets and the smell of the night air...it reminded me of the creaky wooden house we camped in Sabah...with no electricity but plenty of friendship and kindness...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Can Joash cook?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Jessica definitely can...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm just there for the food...

I guess Malaysia's not perfect. And given the political situations prior to the election, some people seemed to think the grass is greener outside.
But I guess you'll forever be a foreigner in a foreign country regardless of how modern or progressive that nation is. A foreigner who knows deep inside that the people around are weary of this asian rubbing shoulders with them.

God, thank You for Malaysia.
You made it beautiful.

6 comments:

weeliem said...

Yeah man. Can't agree more. Malaysia is indeed beautiful. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. So might as well be contented with the brown grass we have here.

No matter what I say, or how many times I complain, my heart knows it's meant to be on this patch of earth.

I miss Melaka....

Anonymous said...

It is the Rungus people.Not the kadazan people.Kadazans are in Sarawak.

Anonymous said...

eh..last pic u checking sugiling(?) the sumandak(?)out eh..notty notty boy

Anonymous said...

errr....double checking on that...

Kadazans are an ethnic group indigenous to the state of Sabah in Malaysia -end quote.

in short, I met people from the kadazan rungus linage.
Of whom some i still keep in touch with as friends.

cheers.

Anonymous said...

yup joash,

you caught me there.

huhu...

Anonymous said...

hey, rungus la not kadazan. rungus tu terangkum dalam kumpulan kadasan. same like chinese, mereka ada cantonese, hakka n others.. is it true..haha..
btw, sujilin not sugiling.. haha.. funny la you..

agape,
Felnah