Anyway, I wanted to capture this moment before it gets swallowed up in a fury of activity..
It began on a drive me and Seong took as we drove around town on FYP business last Fri. And we heard this Moffats song..."Miss you like crazy"...with cheesy lyrics the jiwang keybord sounds at d background. Both of us burst out laughing as we tried to imagine Deric and Vijay playin their hearts out to that song...*imagine the smile, the wink and the pleasant look on their face*...
fast forward
A couple of days later, around 3am in d morning, it was raining and both me and vj were the saddest people on the face of the earth, alone and weary...as we recollected our thoughts, at the same time eating "char siew rice" in Melaka Raya...
Vijay: I think we should play ballads...and wear skirts...like those scotish dudes...
Jason: yea...play some Moffats stuff..sigh...
fast forward
A couple of days later, it was FYP stuff at Joash/Sam's house after CF...as I was doin some soldering at 2am...giler tired...Joash, Seong and I gathered around d living room...took up d guitar...and sang...
" I used to call you my girl...
I used to call you my friend
I used to call you the love
The love that I never had
When I think of you
I don't know what to do
When will I see you again
"....
joash remebered the lyrics man...he does...and he sang it...we recorded his voice down...as he sang it with full expression...haha
It got us thinking...this is such a sappy, cheesy song...yet you can't deny that... it's a really sweet song to be sung to a special someone...and it does strike a chord wif those who are heart sick for someone...but just because of peer pressure to be labelled 'sissy'..we hate the song and curse the lyrics...hahaha...
We started talkin bout...hmmm...nvm...
i never did sing a sappy song to anyone...maybe i didn't have d guts at that time.
i haven't serenaded to anyone before...wonder how it would feel like...
i would like to...one day...
Man, i think it must be the pressure of FYP...all of us keep singing this *beeP* song...and it doesn't help that our project employs the use of a microphone...sigh...so here it is...the song of the moment...by MOFFATS...no, I don't like them...bleh...but this song is played in G chord...if you need to know...please sing it using your NASAL voice to get maximum IRRITATION effect... sappy to the max...
"Miss You Like Crazy"
by Moffats
I used to call you my girl
I used to call you my friend
I used to call you the love
The love that I never had
When I think of you
I don't know what to do
When will I see you again
[Chorus:]
I miss you like crazyYou are all that I want
Even More than words can say
I miss you like crazy
Every minute of every day
Girl I'm so down when your love's not around
I miss you, miss you, miss you
I miss you like crazy
You are all that I need
Can't you see how I feel
Can't you see that my pain's so real
When I think of you
I don't know what to do
When will I see you again
[Chorus]

bleh...
3 comments:
omg. u even posted their photos.
eek.
ok. confession. i was moffatt crazy once. when i was 14. :P
i liked the one in the yellow shirt. but ditched it after a while cause my other girl friend was so totally into him. (she framed his newpaper cut-out picture)
yea. girls. *shrugs*
You Moffats obsessed gurl
yea...i googled their image...LOL..
MOFFATS...man...those were the days la...i think it's normal la...even boys tried to be like them...hahaha...
but not until frame the picture la...that's a critical level already...LOL..
no...i ain't a MOFFATS fan...don't even know who plays what...haha
i was laughing thru the post.
and then i saw the photo.
serious shit. It stopped me mid-laugh.
i cringed even.
But it IS the easier song ever, to play on guitars. Kapok pun boleh.
lol
Post a Comment