Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Great MMU CF Melaka camp...

Finally…home sweet home. It has been a while since I had the opportunity to update my blog…ironically it’s the holidays and I should have all the time in the world. It’s gonna be long, so I’m breaking them up into two parts.

MMU CF Melaka camp was held at Highlands Christian Center (HCC) from the 30th Aug – 2nd August with the camp theme : Frequency Switch. It was a great camp. This would be my 4th Cf camp and every camp leaves a different experience. The messages by Pastor Joanne were very heart felt and bits and pieces of it at times struck me, at time chewed at my heart. Prior to the camp, I was in a very messed up spiritual state…though I may have looked fine on the outside. So I spend a lot of time during the camp doing some soul searching…We had a session where Ps Joanne invited individuals from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation Christians to come up and share their testimonies and have a Q & A session. It was interesting to see the diverse mindsets and influences of each generation upon their personal walk with God. In a way I am thankful that I have the opportunity to worship God without persecution. I hope that I will never take it for granted and guard it jealously. God help me. Ps Joanne also asked the Chern Wai(ex pres.), Kai Lee(ex-pres.) and Samuel(current pres.) to share their heart about being CF president. It somehow challenged me to not miss out in whatever area God wants me to serve in seeing that I have about 1 year plus in CF. I looked back at my terms as Music Director, NOC 2 Director…did I achieve what I could? Did I manage to change anything. These are some of the questions I have been asking myself. How can I make an impact…I wouldn’t want to leave MMU knowing that I missed out in something that God had in plan for me but I messed it up because I wasn’t ready for it or because I disqualified myself because of sin…as it’s said…’many are called, few are chosen’…God help me not fool around anymore when it comes to destiny and callings…
Besides that, I had the opportunity to see many juniors serve and give their hearts to God. Many of us had praise for the current batch of Alphas who have been a blessing with the freshness, their live…as Deric once put it, ‘Our CF is in very good hands’ considering the future generation. I had loads of fun getting to know them…julian, simon, cp, dayze, louis, lucious, belle, aaron, joel, renee…kudos to Justin, Abel and Vijay for leading the camp with a great team of Alphas. It was a great camp...it was well balanced...games, fun, serious stuff, lame stuff,...
Yeah…we had a water gun show down that we bought from the town…ended up all wet and sweaty...then we were wet and cold.
No white guy came and shouted at us this time…whee..
Pastor Joanne said that God's impression on her was this' My people may be dull of hearing sermons, but not My voice.' during the last day where we had reflection...I think it all ended superbly.
I guess this holidays, I shall try and tune my frequency to God’s frequency.

No comments: