Noel Richards
You laid aside Your majesty
Gave up everything for me
Suffered at the hands
Of those You have created
You took all my guilt and shame
When You died and rose again
Now today You reign
In Heaven and Earth exalted
I really want to worship You my Lord
You have won my heart
And I am Yours
Forever and ever
I will love You
You are the only one
Who died for me
Gave Your life
To set me free
So I lift my voice to You
In adoration
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I write this post, it's not actually the best of times for me.
It has been a really hectic week with no let off since NOC...due to the week long Basic Life Seminar by Bill Gothard from Mon till Sat in church followed by PG 165 rehearsals every night for an upcoming gig...indeed it's been stressful in an extent..tonight is the first night I spent at home since NOC...seriously...tiring to the max...
Just wanted to share the highlight of my week, which was having the honour of leadin worship with PG 165 in CF last Tues...*our first gig after so long - playing P&W...the best way to start again*
There are times when you just lead worship n it's just that.
And there's times when I just stand there, guitar in one hand and God shows me something...a small glimpse of Him, or of His nature or His attributes...like a facet of a diamond...just a peek...just a sudden passing moment...suddenly He reveals something...and I am awestruck...
Last Tues, He showed me again, how much He did for me, for us...the awesome sacrifice to save stupid and wretched and filthy people like you and me. To trade His majesty and to die such a shameful, humiliating death...
Suddenly I ask myself....who am I? who are we? why God, why save me? I'm so dirty, so sinful... why bother God? ...I have a crappy past...i have a tainted history... why love me? how can You love me?? or show mercy to me??....
I guess it's always been something I will never fully understand...the whole element of grace...Oh, where can I turn...
As I stood there, I thought of where I might have been if I wasn't saved...who would have reached me?
I would have been so seperated from knowing life...
I would have been so lost...and i wouldn't have known...
The horror of hopelessness...
so cut off...
Then I thought of the people whom have just come to know Christ in the past 6 months in our CF... how thankfulness should be overflowing in them...how special they must feel...to be saved from the jaws of death...
and it's like God was saying,,,
It was a feeling I can't express...the message of the cross...How beautiful are these babes...I'm so glad that NOW...they know Me...How beautiful are their voices when they pray simple child like prayers to me...and I have
saved them...and paid the ultimate price for them. I love them
Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
Amazing love
Now flowing down
From hands and feet
That were nailed to the tree
As grace flows down and covers me
It covers me
It covers me
It covers me
And covers meWords and music by David Bell, Louie Giglio and Rod
Pageant
NOC was huge, and so much hype and all....
Post NOC - now all the burden of studies, assignments and problems of human relationships return to besiege our daily lives...
but it all kinda pales in comparison with the bigger picture.
The response in my heart was a love song for God...thank You...thank You for saving wretched and stupid people like me. Thank You for loving me. How could I ever repay, I'm so small...Thank You God...thank You...I was so so lost...yet You paid the ultimate price for me...You traded Your majesty...Thank You God...I'm so eternally grateful...
Help me to live in a way that doesn't make Your grace so scandalous.I really want to worship You my God, You have won my heart and I am Yours...
Forever and ever...I will love You...
You're the only One who died for me, gave Your life to set me
free...You have won my heart...and I am Yours...
How can we live lives so far away from You?
How could we ever turn away from You...after all that You've done...we're sorry...I'm sorry....
I woke up feeling so grateful...
help me to live a grateful life...
are you grateful?
hope you are blessed...have a great..."grate"-ful week...
3 comments:
Your post is an encouragement
thank you anonymous,
knowing I can be an encouragment to people through what I share and experience makes it worth it...
this is just sooo what i needed to hear today.
Post a Comment