Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Mum, Dad and God

HOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Finally I can jump and I can sing and I can do all the things a healthy and well person can. Sorry guys for the silence after my last post. It has been truly a very testing weekend for me. My health had been deteriorating since Wednesday.

Thursday
My day started with mum asking me why was I not waking up for my classes. I was feeling weak and heavy headed and had an inflamed throat. So clearly I was in a very surly mood…and said I couldn’t answer so much coz I feel sick and my throat is sore. I went to the Doctor (Wee Liem’s dad). And he gave me lots of medicine. I thought…yay…hope I get my voice again.
Took a nap…and…there it was…the fever. Well…it was normal. Poped some penadols and let’s get this over with. Was I in for a ride.
I preferred to lie in bed than go CG that day. Had a hard time sleeping but managed to do so.

Friday
Fever still there…enduring it. I felt slightly better in the evening so I tried going to the lib around 4 to study. I was ok until about 6. I got home half dead and burning hot. I juz rushed upstairs with my jeans and socks and juz collapsed into bed. My mom was kinda worried and told me not to go out at all. She broght me my medicine...more tablets. I was too sick to argue…Mum left for work around 8.30pm(she works shifts as a nurse). I disobeyed her and went for band prac coz my mates won’t rehearse if I couldn’t.
When I got home at around 10.30…it was raining. Zhen Xin was kind enought to drive me home and Vijay would send my bike over the next day...thanks guys. I dived under the covers and juz shivered. There I was…just shivering…no one there…for 45 mins…I smsed some friends..then I realized I better get help before I die…so I called my dad…mum… They wanted me admited to the hospital my mum was working at...i didn't want admission...not unless it was the last resort.
My temp was 39.5C. My saviour was my dad who took me to his place and cared for me in my weakest state…He’s in the nursing line too so he knows all the medic stuff. So he cooled my head with some cool stuff in a cloth and gave me medicine and wrapped me up. And I managed to drop off to sleep around 2…back to the doctor the next day. My mum took over my dad when she came home and was my heroine till I got well. Cold cloth remedy on my forehead. They stayed with me till i dropped off to sleep in the wee hours of the mornin...I have the coolest parents on earth...I think i have the most down to earth, approchable, supportive parents...not those grouchy stuck up ones that i know off...yeesh

Fever was there for the next few days...in those days I realized how frail life is. I can't even fight 'fever'...yet i dare to challenge God via my daily disobedience. I found myself lying on the bed muttering prayers, pouring my soul, like the psalmist pleading with God to deliver me frm this evil. I also realised how important my parents are to me, and how much they worry for me when I am ill.
My thoughts also trailed to the people I missed and loved..and I wonder if i was being missed, was i being loved, was i remembered...i longed to hear that voice...but i it did not come...i longed for that affection, but i could see none...i longed to hear that voice...more than all the talents in the world, more than all the greatness and success...i longed...that feeling still persists...even as i write this.

Here I will end...so much to tell, too long a blog...thanks for all the prayers.

My tribute to PG 165(Vijay,Justin,ZhenXin)...we did the unbelieveble. to tell you the truth, i couldn't belive the news. 43 bands(5 non-bumi) with half the organizing committee also playin, 6 places...and to be in one of the 6...it jus blows my mind apart...especially in my sickly sweaty state, and horribe amp settings...Vijay...your tightness saved us. Remeber your roots guys, dun be like those who forget their God in their success. pray alwiz.
More on that later...in another entry of this blog.

4 papers in one week,,,do the math.

His strength is perfect
When our strenth is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in His power, the weak become strong
His strength is perfect.

Words and music by Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments: